Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I Love Organization!!



Our church is in the demolition process of our education building to make way for our new building. We got a little messy, and hoped we helped a little :) As a bonus, our narrow laundry room screams daily for storage, and I was able to save some cabinets and use them at home. (I always see others do this and always have waited for my chance.)
Almost unrelated.....I found these really cheap baby baskets at Wally World ($2 for a 2- pack) and bought 3 sets for the kids to use during their clean up time. This way they can have a kid-sized tote, pick up and then put things in their homes without traveling back and forth to every room 50 times.
I haven't decided if it would be worth it to paint these, they are laminate...but made well (heavy to hold up before they are installed).
Thank you very understanding hubby for installing them not once but twice!!!

I put my little baskets and blue tub with small amounts of my super family sized Tide on the washer shelf, and my sock monster box and dust cloths on the dryer.


The inside of the cabinet above my washer. 
The inside above the dryer, notice the canning jars holding our life savings.....


The plan is to cut down a salvaged counter and make it a folding center for this side of the room.

I found a great idea over here on sorting laundry by person, instead of type of laundry, and it seemed pretty genius! Instead of putting a hamper (or two) in each room I reused the rolling sorters with mesh bags from ~where else but Wally~ we have been using in the laundry room. I have 6 bags, one for each upstairs child and one for towels and sheets. The strings can slip and make you batty, but it works...

The PLAN is each child can slip the bag off the sorter for the bag and clothes to be tossed, no need to figure out whose socks are whose and yada~ yada~ yada~. Less thought and time I have found already! 

So, I have to do the "folding center", get one better set of rolling sorters (it's pricey so I may be dreaming here) for under the folding center, and decide if I paint the cabinets....Rick says no, I say yes. We'll see! I love clean organized places to clean and organize!!!! :) I am one happy keeper of the home!

8 comments:

  1. I tried the sorting by person and my water bill went up $30. Just wanted to warn you, keep an eye on that. But love the renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $30??? Oh no!! I wouldn't do it until I had a full load, or would combine if I needed to wash...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice renovations! I love clean organized things too. Happy Wednesday! ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! I vote against painting (you're welcome, Rick). You can come do my basement when you get done LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant believe that our education building will soon be gone. Kinda sad to see it go, even though I know a much better building will be taking it's place!! Great use of The cabinets! They look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new look -- on your blog and in your laundry room!

    Congratulations on a task completed! I know how good it feels to get something organized! The real trick is to manage to keep it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried the sorting by person and my water bill went up $30. Just wanted to warn you, keep an eye on that. But love the renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new look -- on your blog and in your laundry room!

    Congratulations on a task completed! I know how good it feels to get something organized! The real trick is to manage to keep it that way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to visit your blogs too!

Disqus for Sam's Noggin