We were supposed to go to Mississippi this week, to celebrate Thanksgiving with my husband’s parents. Four hours into the trip my sciatica caused us to turn around and drive another four hours back home. I am still on the mend, and will be seeing my chiropractor again this week.
The result was a very laid back and relaxing dinner at home. It was very nice, and we usually just have dinner with our little family anyway. There were three bonuses to being home for Thanksgiving week.
- Rick actually took time to relax on his vacation. Just the eight hours of driving exhausted us both, never mind the twelve plus hours we would have added to it.
- We got our tree up before Thanksgiving, which is always a preference for me.
- AND we got this project going, which was scheduled for Christmas break~
After several attempts at making a classroom downstairs, we have given up and are making a new classroom in what has been the playroom. The playroom has been drab, and is always messier than when I leave it. It needed some work to become my dream learning area.
First up was paint.
Enter several happy workers.
However, I decided to leave the actual painting to the professional.
Keeping it real. I may have OCD, and it does not EVER look like this, but projects always look horrible before finished.
For some crazy reason, the contractors who built the house for the church painted all of the upstairs trim and doors the same color as the walls!?
I love you dearest Rick! This white trim immediately brightened the room!
The painting of this room took days, as there was a whole lot of trim and doors to give two coats as well. I just watch that part while hubby makes the magic happen!
We are almost finished staging the room!!
……..to be continued!
ps- I have not had time for a workout update, but I have been doing them, and have been doing great with my eating, even for Thanksgiving.
















oooh! I can't wait to see the finished product! ~S.
ReplyDeleteWow, what a difference! But what about a playroom?
ReplyDeleteI love reorganizing and decorating!! Color rules!
ReplyDeleteI love reorganizing and decorating!! Color rules!
ReplyDelete