Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blogging Through The Gospels, Matthew 14

He Knows Your Pain

Scripture:

“Now when Jesus heard this, he withdrew from there in a boat to a desolate place by himself. But when the crowds heard it, they followed him on foot from the towns.”  Matthew 14:13

Observation:

Even in the midst of His grief, after learning of the death of John the Baptist, Jesus gave to others. “...he had compassion on them and healed their sick.”

This stands out to me even more than the miracles in this chapter. Christ was, after all, human. I can feel His pain, and am in awe.

I cannot suppress the lump in my throat, as I read. The image sticks in my head. Tears form as I write.

Application:

Christ makes an impression that cannot be denied; He sets a truly humble example. If Christ can do so much as a mortal, in grief, what can we do for our fellow man on days that are good?

We need to be givers.

Prayer:

Heavenly Father, thank you so much for the wonderful example Your Son gave us. I often think of His miracles, and His Words, but I don’t think enough of His human side. Help me remember in times of hurt and sorrow, that Christ knows my pain. Help me to remember also, that I can give much more than I do. May I be a better Christian each day than I was the day before, and one more step closer to You. Amen

SOAP_RING_redo

Disqus for Sam's Noggin