Saturday, April 23, 2011

Blogging Through The Gospels, Matthew 20

What Do You Deserve?

Scripture:

“Now when those hired first came, they thought they would receive more, but each of them also received a denarius.”  Matthew 20:10

Observation:

Even though they agreed to a denarius, when the men saw the others who worked for much less time receive the same, they were expecting more. Isn’t that how we are? We feel we are always owed more.

Application:

Life isn’t about getting what is owed to us. If the Lord gave me what is really owed to me, I wouldn’t like what I got. He doesn’t keep score. Neither should we.

Prayer:

Father, keep me humble. Help me to never feel I deserve anything. Help me to be forgiving and loving as You are. Help me to always lift others up. Amen

I hope you will join us over at Amy’s. You can jump in anytime!

Disqus for Sam's Noggin