Friday, April 29, 2011

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal- 11

In my life this week...HSMJgraphic

It has been a good week!

In our homeschool this week...             

We had a relaxed week of school, concentrating on History and Science.

We are almost finished with The Mystery of History! Aside from some doctrinal error, we have used this curriculum and have really enjoyed it. We will be using MOH2 next year.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

We went to get things for the puppy (if you can call him that) we took in (well, out) from one of our church members. He is a sweet, six month chocolate lab, named Dallas.

dallas

My favorite thing this week was...

The kids getting out on the trampoline. They have had a lot of exercise! They also like to camp out in the living room in the warm months, I don’t know why. With our bedroom one floor away from them, it makes us all feel cozy when they do that.

What's working/not working for us...

The more relaxed schedule is working. We school all year, and we will be moving into the less hectic summer schedule soon.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

We have decided not to start our oldest in high school this fall. Even though he is homeschooled now, he doesn’t feel ready, and I would gladly wait another year to say I am the mother of a child in high school!

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...

If you haven’t heard yet, one of the moms I respect so much, Kelly, and her family lost everything in one of the tornados this week. You can read her story here. If you can, and feel compelled, you can help by visiting here. Please pray for all of those affected by these storms.

Disqus for Sam's Noggin