Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Yeehaw!!

My furniture was driving me NUTS!! It was stained (wonder why) and I hated to have people in the house, cause it looked horrible! I tried a slipcover (lasted about 2 weeks), and I scrubbed all the live~ long~ day. I was able find a deal so I can pay low payments (without interest) for a long, long time. I did that for the low payments, we will pay it off with next years tax return. We also painted the living room, and got an inexpensive ($48) area rug, and a few throw pillows I got at Lowes for 10 bucks each.
DSC_1574
DSC_1575
We kept the Americana theme, but toned it down a bit, and put the blue in from the pillows and rug, which is the new color I have fallen in love with after painting it in my bedroom. 
DSC01985
(Bad picture before Super Nikon, of one blue wall painted in the bedroom, with the orange rocker that we moved to the living room as well.)
DSC_0962
(Old living room color) 
DSC_1588
I had one of these black bookcases and saw they had them rollback at Wally World for $25.00, so I picked up another for a “built in” look for my office nook in the living room (behind the couch).
DSC_1597
I saw an idea in Better Homes and Gardens about using glass pieces to display photos, so I went to the (I can’t believe I am going to say this) Dollar Tree (~gasp, choke~ I avoid that store like a plague) and found the glass I had searched for, and some rocks or whatever to fill the bottom.
These shots waited until this evening, we have been a bit preoccupied.  Our oldest son, Christian, (almost 13) is terrified of water and was as a result, terrified of baptism.  We went over to the church building yesterday evening, and he got in the water, but wouldn’t couldn’t  go under. Tonight he was sure he could do it, and after a few “dry runs” where dad showed him what would happen out of the water, I could see a difference. He wasn’t letting anything get in his way! I am feeling very blessed right now! We have a great start, I am very thankful our oldest is an example for the others to follow! What a way to end a day!!!

5 comments:

  1. Nice post. Great new living room!! Love the color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your redone room! I am so glad we got leather when we were getting furniture! It makes life SO much easier : )

    That blue is a great color. Can you even believe we haven't painted yet and we have been here almost three years? I know. I know! That is terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors, great project and a couple of great guys! Thanks for making our "home" a comfy place to be, and our other "home" a place we all want to go. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors, great project and a couple of great guys! Thanks for making our "home" a comfy place to be, and our other "home" a place we all want to go. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your redone room! I am so glad we got leather when we were getting furniture! It makes life SO much easier : )

    That blue is a great color. Can you even believe we haven't painted yet and we have been here almost three years? I know. I know! That is terrible.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to visit your blogs too!

Disqus for Sam's Noggin