This year I have been challenged in blog land about a word to describe my new year. I quickly decided that word would be Love. I love my God, my husband, my children and my friends, both IRL and here. I love the hungry man asking for money.
I fail when it comes to loving me.
I don’t know what the problem stems from exactly.
I suppose it doesn’t matter. I just want to fix it.
I want my next 32 years, if the Lord allows me to live that long, to include love for myself as well.
As for other goals,
- I want a stronger prayer life. Not loving myself sometimes prevents me from asking God to help me. I know I have that all wrong, and I intend on fixing it.
- I am going to read through the Bible in 90 Days- twice, and keep better study habits in between.
- I will continue with working out 5-6 days a week, with emphasis on health above the numbers on the scale. I don’t need to lose anymore weight.
- I will finish Couch to 5K, even if I loathe running. I didn’t even start on the couch!! I only have two weeks left!
- I am going to make a to do list, and stick to it.
- I am going to read to my children aloud more, outside of school hours.
- I will have more posts on my blog that will help other moms, new to the journey of homeschooling, to pay it forward from all I have learned the past two years.
What about you? What changes are you going to make for the new year? If you need someone to help keep you accountable, I would be happy to help!



Beautiful post! I love the "love" theme :)
ReplyDeleteLoving yourself is very important . . . something I also have a difficult time with.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my post!
Have a blessed day Samantha . . . Gina
http://peacelovehappinesshappens.blogspot.com
Such a wonderful post. Thank you for linking up in Ring in 2011 blog hop. I am new follower. I hope you have a wonderful New Year.
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm following from the Ring in The New Year Blog Hop! What a lovely family you have!
ReplyDeleteHeather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs
Hi. I found you and your blog via 2011 blog hop and I decided to follow you I would love for you to follow me too.
ReplyDeletehttp://traci66.blogspot.com/2010/12/ring-in-2011-blog-hop.html
My last name is also Kelley with an e
Hi, I'm following you from Ring In 2011. Beautiful family! I have 5 kids :) Ages 8, 5, 4, and twins 17 months old. Looking forward to getting to know you.
ReplyDeletehttp://nurturedfamilylife.blogspot.com
such a beautiful family, I'm following you and would love if you would follow back, Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful family! Thank you for visiting the Joyful Jungle - am your newest follower!!!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from the Ring in 2011 bloghop...would love to have you stop by and follow me too! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Years! :)
I ran my first 5K in October and haven't ran too much since. I will be starting in again this next month...because I "need" too! lol
Thanks for joining me at Create With Joy - I am really enjoying your blog!
ReplyDeleteRamona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com
Hi there! Wow you have your hands full girl!!
ReplyDeleteI'm a new follower from the blog hop, would love a follow back :)
Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family!
Love your resolutions. I'm adding one of yours to mine, Make a List and Stick to It!!!!
ReplyDeleteVisiting from the blog hop.
Hope you had a Merry Christmas and have the best 2011 ever.
Nancy
http://discoverdirectselling.blogspot.com/
I hear your words about loving yourself. Sometimes I confuse lack of love for myself with humility, but it's so not humility. I have to love me to love others more completely. Looking forward to your homeschooling pearls of wisdom this year.
ReplyDeleteGreat theme for the year. Loving one's self has to be one of the hardest challenges! I have so much trouble with that too! See ya in the new year!
ReplyDeleteSamantha, we sound fairly similar on the lack of self love thing. I wouldn't have guessed that from your picture. I wish you lots of success in the new year!
ReplyDeleteI'm intrigued by reading the bible through in 90 days. Thanks for posting a link.
ReplyDeleteHi there! I am your newest follower from the blog hop! Lovely blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteTake a peek at my all handmade giveaways when you come by. Everything is gorgeous! Happy New Year!
Following you from Ring In The New Year blog hop. Would love if you followed back at kittycrochettwo.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteFollowing you from Ring In The New Year blog hop. Would love if you followed back at kittycrochettwo.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful family! Thank you for visiting the Joyful Jungle - am your newest follower!!!
ReplyDelete