Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Our Only Christmas Craft

 

Last week I stumbled upon a fun Christmas craft over at this website. We usually decorate homemade salt dough or cinnamon ornaments for everyone, so this looked like a fun change.

Supplies:

DSC_9869

Large bulbs- we chose shatterproof, pale blue. We only used the matte ones.

White craft paint. Felt. Paintbrush. Hot glue gun. Hands to paint. Smile

DSC_9874

Paint hand. We used a felt brush, and did not include thumbs. Place the bottom center of the bulb in the center of the hand, you may need to press the lower part of the fingers tight to the bulb. (We did.) Remove fingers slowly.

DSC_9894

Laugh at funny feeling of having hand brushed with cold gooey paint.

DSC_9967

After we dried ours overnight, we made faces with Sharpie. I then made little teeny noses with orange felt. *You may want to make teeny noses BEFORE you call all of the kids in to finish the craft* Also make sure to let your kiddos know to leave enough room between eyes and mouth to fit a teeny nose…Winking smile

DSC_9977

We at some point dipped a new pencil eraser in the paint and made snow. I suggest after the felt…my hands kept getting wet. I then let the kids choose the scarf color(s) for their snowmen.

DSC_9983

I bought some sparkly ribbon to hang them, and voila! Our only Christmas craft!

10 comments:

  1. Ah! These are such a cool idea! Very cute :)

    I'm a new reader, nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've made these before! Aren't they great! I like looking back through the years and seeing how their hand print has grown.... flies by too fast!

    Have a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I really wanted to do ornaments with the kids this year but so far we haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative and a great momento of their child size hands!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are very cute and may I suggest a wonderful gift for a certain Granny, hint, hint!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute and creative. I shared it with Moneysavingmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well those are the cutest things! We will definitely be making them next year.
    I also just read your post about weight loss/working out. What a super accomplishment! What is your workout routine? Do you run? Or do something else? I was just curious, because I am a runner.

    Have a good day!
    Roan

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute and creative. I shared it with Moneysavingmom.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to visit your blogs too!

Disqus for Sam's Noggin