Our first year I poured over books, magazines, and blogs for months before we started, to make sure that I got it right. I ignored some of the best advice I found however, which I should have clung to. Learning from my own mistakes, I would like to share with you five things you should not do when starting to homeschool.
Shop for books first.
It isn't all about the curriculum. I repeat- It isn't all about the curriculum!
Don't get me wrong, good curriculum is important, but it is not the first thing you should do when deciding to homeschool.
You first need to decide what you value most about educating at home, and then look into learning styles, and also what kind of educating method you think most fits your family. When you look at the styles, one will jump out at you. You may combine several, like me. Don't laugh- my new definition for our learning is "Eclectically Biblical with a splash of Classical Charlotte Mason".
Please join me over at "Growing Your Homeschool”, a blog I am now apart of with 9 other ladies, to read the rest of this post that is specifically for those new to homeschooling.
Enjoy!


