Friday, June 10, 2011

Homeschool Planning

We just finished our second year of homeschooling, and  are currently on break, but we are only take a breather long enough to give me a chance to get my planning going. We are already bored. I wanted to share with you how I plan for the new school year, and hopefully, give you a few ideas.

Decide on a budget.

How much are you able and willing to spend? Try to find your biggest budget buster first. Maybe it is you or your child's most weak subject. Maybe it is the subject you most enjoy, and want to invest in growing that passion for learning. For us, we spend the most on our weakness, Math.

Allow time to find the best prices, and search out used curriculum from other homeschoolers. I have often found a bargain, or shared a bargain with other families, and you usually find the items in excellent condition.

To read the rest of this post, please head on over to Hip Homeschool Moms, where I am featured this week. I will be posting more planning ideas over the next couple of weeks right here on my blog, so check back often for inspiration!

featuredbyHHM-copy

Disqus for Sam's Noggin