I had no trouble with keeping up with the readings, until the latter half of Exodus and so far in Leviticus. The measurements and rules for sacrifice make my head spin!
Overall this week of reading has been very rewarding! I have “met” lots of new people, and learned a lot.
My favorite passages from the past couple days of reading were:
Exo 32:1 When the people saw that Moses delayed to come down from the mountain, the people gathered themselves together to Aaron and said to him, "Up, make us gods who shall go before us. As for this Moses, the man who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him."
Exo 32:2 So Aaron said to them, "Take off the rings of gold that are in the ears of your wives, your sons, and your daughters, and bring them to me."
Exo 32:3 So all the people took off the rings of gold that were in their ears and brought them to Aaron.
Exo 32:4 And he received the gold from their hand and fashioned it with a graving tool and made a golden calf. And they said, "These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt!"
I mean, can you believe it?? I can’t! It always makes me sad!
And then the follow-up:
Exo 32:22 And Aaron said, "Let not the anger of my lord burn hot. You know the people, that they are set on evil.
Exo 32:23 For they said to me, 'Make us gods who shall go before us. As for this Moses, the man who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.'
Exo 32:24 So I said to them, 'Let any who have gold take it off.' So they gave it to me, and I threw it into the fire, and out came this calf."
OUT CAME THIS CALF??? That part makes me sad and hysterically laugh, all at the same time!
I am very happy that I was directed to this challenge!



I know what you mean about the out-popped-this cow line! Doesn't that sound like some lame excuse that maybe a kid would try? Not yours of course! smile
ReplyDeletejeanette from www.sweetjeanette.com
I am so glad you are reading with us!And just wait.. there's more to come like this one....
ReplyDeletei've read from somewhere that it is advisable to read the New Testament first before the Old Testament because the New is what is intended for us today... I am planning to read the Bible, but not sure if I would be starting at the New Testament :D
ReplyDeletenice blog post :D
i've read from somewhere that it is advisable to read the New Testament first before the Old Testament because the New is what is intended for us today... I am planning to read the Bible, but not sure if I would be starting at the New Testament :D
ReplyDeletenice blog post :D