Saturday, July 3, 2010

Challenge


DSC_3029
I heard about a 90 Day Bible Reading Community through my Conservative Homeschooler site.
I thought it sounded scary.
I went over to Amy's Blog to look at the details.
I thought it sounded scarier.
I signed up.
A few years and a few kids ago, I read the Bible in one year. I used a commentary, so I could get immediate answers when I had a question, which was often. It took me more time for each reading, but reading without it felt like cheating, so it really worked for me.
Now I homeschool. And I have 4 more kids than I did then. And DSL. And blog land. And Facebook. And I workout everyday. I just don't have time to read that many chapters of the Bible everyday. Right?
I am praying about this, as I have a million distractions a day. But I see a pattern in me that I didn’t realize was there until lately. When I REALLY want to do something, it happens. I wanted to lose 40 pounds. I lost 78. I wanted to homeschool, and I am. I wanted to learn the mandolin, and that is going much better than I expected. I wanted to get past my nerves to sing on stage, done.
So, I really want to do this challenge. To me it is a HAVE TO. My daily time in God’s word past school has been almost nonexistent. I can’t live like that!
I will be linking up to the challenge with a blog post every week, and with twitter. I hope to grow as a Christian, make new friends and repeat.
To the Study Bible!

7 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this challenge too. I don't have quite as many distractions, as I only have 1 child at the moment, but this will be an interesting ride for all of us, best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to this challenge as well! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking the challenge with you and joined the 90 Days Bible Challenge Group that is on Conservative too.

    Taking a deep breath and getting ready for the challenge. LOL..I tried last year and just life got busy and my weakness.

    I hit Leviticus and Numbers and I just get stopped.

    Me and hubby were supposed to read together with our group and just things didn't work out...work, life, etc. Sigh :(

    Keep me in prayers please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was the same for me ~ amazing how we can find time for the things that we want to do... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. and all those things you "wanted" to do and did were so rewarding - how much even MORE rewarding will this be!! I'm gonna have to look into it too - let us know how you're doin, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is a great idea! So true about finding time and making the commitment for things that we *want*.

    ReplyDelete
  7. and all those things you "wanted" to do and did were so rewarding - how much even MORE rewarding will this be!! I'm gonna have to look into it too - let us know how you're doin, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to visit your blogs too!

Disqus for Sam's Noggin