Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ashland Park

 

We went to Ashland City Park yesterday. There are some oldies-but-goodies mixed in with the modern playground equipment.

DSC_4743

 

Like this proud, tall tree.

DSC_4744

I haven’t seen one of these in a long time.

DSC_4663

And I haven’t seen a roller slide since I was in grade school at our VA Park! This park has left behind some pieces that are usually taken out these days. It has so much character and makes me feel nostalgic.

10 comments:

  1. I have never seen a roller slide! And oooh...the merry-go-round thingie! We used to go really fast and bail off. Stupid kids. LOL LOVE the shots and the emotions in the photos (Maybe it's just me being emotional)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! You don't see those things very often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! They just took out all of those great kinds of things from our parks...they were "too dangerous" so "they" thought. We had a great tall metal slide and monkey bars. Sad, sad thing! I love the roller slide. I think I will have to find one for my house. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are vintage :) I loved the merry go round- spinner thing....lots of memories there (except I can't remember the actual name of it?). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all awesome...thanks♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from Sweet Shot Tuesday. Great photos! My husband & I were just talking about the old-school kind of merry-go-rounds...I miss those at parks these days, but I'm sure there are a lot fewer broken bones & knocked out teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just came across your blog~ very nice, and I am now following!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from Sweet Shot Tuesday. Great photos! My husband & I were just talking about the old-school kind of merry-go-rounds...I miss those at parks these days, but I'm sure there are a lot fewer broken bones & knocked out teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos! You don't see those things very often.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to visit your blogs too!

Disqus for Sam's Noggin