I am not generally fond of the bargain stores. I don’t usually enjoy items that cost $1.00.
I broke all of the rules when we went to Mississippi.
Meet my $1.00 finds. Most of it came from Target, which we have none of here in Eastern KY. I had picked up a few things a few months back from a Target for school, but the two I went to last week were Back to School madness in the $1.00 bin!
Some books.
Flashcards.
Chore chart, and notebook charts.
More books!
I needed a clock!
Fun!
AND from the Dollar Tree:
Sight words and nouns and adverbs for our previously purchased $1.00 Target pocket charts. (Which I once thought were an urban legend.)
There was a store called Hudson’s. It was junk from other stores, and it was messy. I wanted to run, but decided to look. I am glad I stayed! I found a book, about child rearing.
And the find I am still giddy about….
These balloons only went to 6! We are going to use them as an extra place to store coats in the hall, as our closet never has enough room. As soon as they go up I am going to post pictures. :) Hey~I am easily amused.
Then there was the lovely store nightmare called Dirt Cheap.
Dirt Cheap. It was an excursion. It was messy. It was crowded. It was unkempt. There were a lot of things in there that should have just been thrown away. But as I walked to the front to leave run away, I saw these.
The elusive pails I need for my school supply carousel. The pails I had my sister ship as I have no Target nearby. At Dirt Cheap. So I bought the only ones they had. They were half price.
I’m still impressed.



I can't believe all that you got.I agree about those stores I can't stand the smell BUT I will go for the school supplies and teaching materials(I actually can't believe the things they have now).Great finds.
ReplyDeleteBlessings~
Great finds! I don't usually take the time for bargain hunting, either, but when I happen upon one, it's such a thrill! Our church recently had a garage sale and my husband bought some great shirts and shorts that a good friend of ours had donated- all Izod, Ralph Lauren in great shape. I don't know if my husband has ever worn name brand before! And I picked up some 1940s and 50s vintage mysteries for $.50 each.
ReplyDeleteI especially love your hot air balloon hooks and can't wait to see the pictures!
Celee
Wow!! You got some great finds! I love the balloon hooks and the pails.
ReplyDeleteSamantha,
ReplyDeleteI don't even remember how I found you blog, but I'm sure glad that I did! I've been checking it out and it is great! I am so inspired by your weight loss journey....I am 173 lbs and need to get back to 140, as I was before babies. I am wondering...how did you begin? We are not morning people either, but I find every excuse in the book to NOT exercise. Eating is another story. My habits are out of control. I'd love to hear how you began. Thanks for your encouragement!
Sincerely, Nicki
daveandnickiskids.blogspot.com
Nicki, check your email. Lots of boring details!
ReplyDeleteHey I wanted to hear all the boring details. It is so inspiring!
ReplyDeleteAnonymous is Stacia
ReplyDeleteWow!! You got some great finds! I love the balloon hooks and the pails.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe all that you got.I agree about those stores I can't stand the smell BUT I will go for the school supplies and teaching materials(I actually can't believe the things they have now).Great finds.
ReplyDeleteBlessings~
Great finds! I don't usually take the time for bargain hunting, either, but when I happen upon one, it's such a thrill! Our church recently had a garage sale and my husband bought some great shirts and shorts that a good friend of ours had donated- all Izod, Ralph Lauren in great shape. I don't know if my husband has ever worn name brand before! And I picked up some 1940s and 50s vintage mysteries for $.50 each.
ReplyDeleteI especially love your hot air balloon hooks and can't wait to see the pictures!
Celee