Sunday, September 19, 2010

Autumn Treasures Review

We are as of this writing, still not finished with Autumn Treasures. I wrongly thought the review was due next week. I feel like I can give it a fair review, minus fun shots of my kids doing the study, since we did this one last year.

I do have a great testimonial for Download N Go though! It has been a full year since we did this study, and even the youngest of our official students remembered it!  They told me all about it before they even looked at it! Now that is good. :)

So, what will you find in this great study about my all-time favorite season?

AT_Cover

 

Day 1: What is Autumn?

Day 2: Science Secrets of Autumn

Day 3: People and Places of Autumn

Day 4: Time for Tips and Treasures of Autumn

Day 5: Goodies and Gadgets of Autumn

You’ll find lapbooking and notebooking.

AutumnTreasuresSpread

Fun videos, and some very beautiful ones. You’ll learn more than I thought possible about the people of fall, and the science behind seasons. I learned so much last year, and even more this time. My favorite part of Autumn Treasures was the nature walks. I do not like summer so much and go outside as little as possible. Fall is a wonderful time to take a walk however, and now is the perfect time to observe the season change.

I love how food is always incorporated in Download N Go. I admit we don’t do much cooking with the kids other than when doing them. Luckily we are reviewing quite a bit, and I already have others on my wish list.

We really enjoyed this study. We are not doing everything over again, but we are reinforcing facts from last time.

Download N Go is quickly moving from an on the side study for review, to the main part of our core curriculum. I am finding this method of learning to be very “us”. The Old Schoolhouse and Amanda Bennett have done a marvelous job for homeschoolers with this series!

You can check out the DNG blog here. Also you can go to the Schoolhouse Store to purchase one.  Right now Autumn Treasures is on sale now through Sept 24, 20% off with the Autumnal Equinox Special! Hurry and get yours while it is on sale, it will be a memorable study!

* I have been provided a copy of this title for the purpose of an honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to visit your blogs too!

Disqus for Sam's Noggin