Scripture~ “They exchanged the glory of God for the image of an ox that eats grass.” Psalm 106:20
Observation~ They exchanged the glory of God for an ox that eats grass. The grass that God made. There is something both tragic and humorous in this verse. It is idiotic to think that a person/people would choose that over “the glory of God”, but they did.
Application~ Our Nation as a whole does the same. I am to be in the world, not of the world. I need to examine myself daily to make sure I do not take my eyes off the glory of God.
Prayer~ Lord, please be with me in my walk. Help me to keep my eyes fixed on You and not the things of this world: for my life is soon gone, and I fly away. Psalm 90:10b
This week has gone well. I really enjoy the interaction of the group check-in that Amy has set up for us this time. I can’t believe we are almost halfway done!
Remember that the Twitter chat will be tomorrow instead of this evening. I am hosting, and today is my anniversary. Today is all about my dear husband and best friend, Rick. I am so thankful for the man I married.
Have a blessed week of reading!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to visit your blogs too!