This week’s check-in is “Encouraging Words”. I usually find myself dwelling on what I failed at instead of my accomplishments. I have turned a new leaf though. There is something about studying His word daily, pondering on it, and having daily discussions with those who are doing the same. I just can’t seem to be brought down. I like it.
This verse has really stuck with me from our B90Days reading for the week.
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
As for my 3in30 Goals~
~Make a chore chart, and stick to it.
I am doing well with this. I have done better with my “The Box” than remembering to stay on the kids list, but I am doing well.
~Relax learning in our homeschool.
I have some more improvement to do here. The curriculum we were going to switch to didn’t work out. I am making progress relaxing what we had been using.
~Be more prayerful.
I pray much more often. I also have so many prayer requests coming in that I find myself bowing to pray for someone on Twitter, FB or email, and getting to the next message and praying again. I feel so much closer to Him!
I pray you are all doing well with your goals. I’m off to give some encouragement on your blogs.



I think you are doing great! You have stuck to some of your goals and still working on others. Awesome! One day at a time. That is all it takes! Keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome Samantha. You sound like you're on track. I will be praying for you this weekend. I get together with a group of friends once a month and cook 12 meals. I can't imagine 60!
ReplyDeleteGood going. I too am doing the b90days and it really keeps you focused on God. It is amazing what God shows you each and every day when you are seeking him - I found that verse amazingly heartwarming as well.
ReplyDeleteKeep going and looking forward to see you accomplish more as we head into February. 3in30
Look out February! Did you see what Sam did to January? And it isn't even over yet...
ReplyDeleteYou have done a great job at making strides toward your January goals. Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful verse!! Thanks for sharing :) I think you're doing great...baby steps are so much better than none at all!
ReplyDeleteI think the 3 in 30 is a great idea. I think it takes at least 3 weeks to form a habit so a month is about right. I need to do this, too. I'm reading Radical right now and had the same thought about my prayer life. I need to pray more and see the power of God work to bring glory to His name.
ReplyDeleteHaving a baby forced me to relax our homeschool quite a bit. We're probably a little too relaxed still : ). I'm looking forward to sleeping through the night and getting us all back on our original schedule, which has gone by the wayside.
How's your reading going?
Celee
I love that there is such community on Twitter that we are able to share our requests and lift one another up in prayer on a moment by moment basis! Thanks for being a part of that community of prayer!!
ReplyDeleteI love that there is such community on Twitter that we are able to share our requests and lift one another up in prayer on a moment by moment basis! Thanks for being a part of that community of prayer!!
ReplyDelete