I got behind this weekend. It was for a good cause though! We did freezer cooking with my husband’s sister. The house was filled with children and love and laughter.
I missed most of Friday’s reading and all of Saturday and Sunday’s. I skipped my morning workout today and dug into His word. I made it to today’s reading. I WILL finish by this evening’s chat!
This is one of my favorite portions of the Bible! If I had to fall behind, this was the place to do it, I will not have trouble getting it all in today.
How are you doing with your reading? I would be happy to pray for you!
SOAP
Scripture~ "But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7
Observation~ The Lord looks at the heart.
Application~ It doesn’t matter to God what size we are, or how tall we are. He does not care if we have the best clothes, or how much hangs in our closet. I am not here to impress any man. I am here to make sure that the Lord can see my heart is His.
Prayer~ Lord, this world is not my home. Help me everyday to remember that this life is but a moment. Everything I do will be accountable to You. Help me to each day to remember my goal, and to not worry about this life. Help me to always look to You. Help me keep my eyes and heart on the finish. Help me to take others with me.



I too read this today and so blessed for the reminder of it.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful blessed week of reading.
Katia
What a beautiful prayer! Thanks so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteSo far still on track..lol; It's always a blessing reading His word for each time there is always something new to discover!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that you are also SOAP'ing through! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I was wondering.. the next time cooking sets you behind, can I come by for a taste??
So far still on track..lol; It's always a blessing reading His word for each time there is always something new to discover!
ReplyDelete